It's finally happening - advice wanted

We think we're going to take a backward step at least for a while. A lot happened quickly and it got a little out of hand to be honest. Other neighbors are asking about the car and where we went but worse my sister-in-law saw us at dinner and wanted to what was going on. I had to lie and say I was wooing a potential investor for my business. Luckily she only saw us through the window because if she saw what I was wearing there would have been no way to explain it away. She wasn't totally convinced, she thought I was cheating and only accepted it after she spoke to my hubby (her brother). That scare was too much to handle.

We have agreed that I can keep seeing my lover but we just have to be much much much more discreet. I'm not sure I will though because he's young and impetuous and I'm now worried he might want to brag about his 'conquest'. I can seek other lovers if I want but the same rules apply, absolute discretion. I feel much more comfortable in this scenario. We'll see how it goes.

I really enjoyed what happened but I wish it had of been more considered. Looking back it was so close to being a disaster. Even though hubby and I are comfortable with this there is no way I'm coming out to family and friends.
It sounds like you both are in agreement with your activities but your barrier is a social one rather than an intimate one.
For this reason, many poly couples do take other precautions than to 'date' locally where they can be seen by judgmental eyes.

Reactions: toolman2c