Did I cheat?

DarkRoast

Female
From
TX, US
Aug 6, 2021
Texas, USA
Hi, I'm trying to get a census on my current situation. Husband is very upset with me and now felt betrayed. Obviously he loves sharing me with other men. On one particular evening I was on a date with a guy that I used to go out with when I was much younger, and single. I never slept with him and always wondered about it. Husband knew about him too. He was okay all the way through. Long story short, my phone died half way through the night and never bothered to check. After much drinking and dancing, I went back to the hotel he had rented for us. We had sex throughout the night. When I had gotten home, husband was clearly upset and started going off at me. When I plugged my phone back in, over a dozen of text and missed calls came through for me to come straight home and not to proceed further.

What should I do? Am I wrong here? He made me feel I did it on purpose....

I'm all confused now...help!

Hi, I'm trying to get a census on my current situation. Husband is very upset with me and now felt betrayed. Obviously he loves sharing me with other men. On one particular evening I was on a date with a guy that I used to go out with when I was much younger, and single. I never slept with him and always wondered about it. Husband knew about him too. He was okay all the way through. Long story short, my phone died half way through the night and never bothered to check. After much drinking and dancing, I went back to the hotel he had rented for us. We had sex throughout the night. When I had gotten home, husband was clearly upset and started going off at me. When I plugged my phone back in, over a dozen of text and missed calls came through for me to come straight home and not to proceed further.

You should not have proceeded without his permission. I understand why you did, you most likely thought it was ok because he likes to share you and was giving you mixed messages. He himself needs to be absolutely clear so you know the boundaries as his wife with this fantasy. So it’s not all your fault. It’s on him also. Just make sure you tell him that you don’t need to see him again if he feels threatened and I’m sure he will be ok with it as he love you. You might actually find he gets very turned on by it and wants you to keep seeing him. Try not to worry about it. The storm will pass.

I would say communion is very important. Period.
Next time your phone dies, ask the person you’re with if you can call from their phone to make sure your husband knows where you are and what is going on. If they are not willing to allow you to use their phone, break it off and head home.
Your first obligation should always be to preserving your marriage.

When you say he "loves to share me with other men", I assume you've done this in the past? If that's the case then I can understand you being casual about keeping in contact with hubby and just trying to live in the moment but, this sounds like a case of first time jitters on his part. If it was the first time then this was poorly planned and you both should have had a point of no return. An agreed upon way to call it off with fair warning all around.
Was there something about this particular guy that he got cold feet about it?

Reactions: Visitor12
I think it's clearly just a miscommunication and I am sure he will see that eventually. I can understand him being upset, but at the same time he has to see your side too. It was unintentional, and is something that can happen easily given the circumstances and your relationship.

Most everyone has the same opinion, "you done wrong", for various reasons. I agree. You have a lot fence mending to do, and it all starts with communication with a major conciliatory note on your part.

Reactions: Visitor12
You could have, and should have, used the phone of your date, or the landline in your hotel room. A dead battery is a weak excuse. IMHO.

• Love
Reactions: Matthew19779
So what exactly do people think she should have done? Borrow her date's phone and have a 45 minute chat with him while sitting in a hotel room, waiting to fool around? I think that's unrealistic and just plain silly.

Should the Original Poster have kept her phone charged up? Sure.

Should she have checked in with her husband before going to the guy's hotel room? Sure.

But to think he's entitled to a long drawn out conversation late in the evening? Well, no. That's not reasonable. And based on the extreme nature of his comments, I don't think there's any reason to believe that he would have kept it short and sweet.

C

Reactions: Rizzo
It's hard to say, except that by now, I would hope things have settled down. In my case, I would have been worried sick that you had picked up a psycho and that worry would have turned to anger when you got home. In time, I would have settled down and reconciliated, but the memory of the sick feeling in the pit of my stomach would remain - don't do it again :)

Reactions: NeedaDomInMI

Wow ....just wow.

So he shares you with other guys and I assume plenty of sex is involved. This time he had a problem with it. Odd.

Convienantly your phone died. Also odd.

What is most odd is that you come here to find out what other people think about your situation. Does it matter? Are going to show him that BullDickFromNewJersey thinks you are right, and that will make it all better?

Now if this story that you told is true and just not some attention grab - you are both wrong. If he is going to get pissed he shouldnt share you to begin with..........if you are above the age of 12 your cell phone shouldnt die.

well done! dump the dickhead

Reactions: DarkRoast