Surprise! New family members show up.

Mrstevela

Couple
Aug 5, 2021
Hello everyone! Just wondering if any of you have experienced what my wife and I have been experiencing in our familys. Twice now, as a result of people submitting their DNA to the various genealogy sites, we've had people show up out of nowhere to join the family. The first one was 6 years ago, and we learned that when my wife's aunt found out she was pregnant, the aunt disappeared for a few months and put the baby up for adoption. That baby has now been welcomed into our family after tracking down a family member, - 60 years later. Then just last week after my father in law passed, his wife (my mother in law) called a family meeting. She revealed that her son (by a lover, not her late husband) had done the DNA thing and somehow tracked her down. I'm sure this new family member will be welcomed as well. What has been interesting is that neither of our new family members hired experts to find out their parentage, etc. etc. - they did it on their own. Also of interest is that in both cases, it was our female family members taking lovers outside of their marriage that resulted in the pregnancies. Two cases is stgatistically insignificant, but it is interesting. We'll never know if hotwife, poly or cuckolding relationships were involved I'm sure. Too bad, it could be very interesting! :))))

Last edited:
I LAUGH AT THAT PUNCTUATE I GET CRITSIZED FOR CAPS ALSO CALLED UNREADBLE GOT SOME ENGLISH TEACHERS HERE ALSO SOME GET OFFENEDED EASY BY CONTENT
For sure! And we need to recognize some folks are posting from devices that have spell and grammar check turned on. Sometimes the corrections aren't what we meant to say. :)

Hello everyone! Just wondering if any of you have experienced what my wife and I have been experiencing in our familys. Twice now, as a result of people submitting their DNA to the various genealogy sites, we've had people show up out of nowhere to join the family. The first one was 6 years ago, and we learned that when my wife's aunt found out she was pregnant, the aunt disappeared for a few months and put the baby up for adoption. That baby has now been welcomed into our family after tracking down a family member, - 60 years later. Then just last week after my father in law passed, his wife (my mother in law) called a family meeting. She revealed that her son (by a lover, not her late husband) had done the DNA thing and somehow tracked her down. I'm sure this new family member will be welcomed as well. What has been interesting is that neither of our new family members hired experts to find out their parentage, etc. etc. - they did it on their own. Also of interest is that in both cases, it was our female family members taking lovers outside of their marriage that resulted in the pregnancies. Two cases is stgatistically insignificant, but it is interesting. We'll never know if hotwife, poly or cuckolding relationships were involved I'm sure. Too bad, it could be very interesting! :))))
I had participated in the 23 and me, but deleted my account as I kept becoming the middle man in people trying to reach out to their biological parents. seems like everyone in my family was sleeping around at some point and got knocked up. It put me in an odd situation because I had to reach out to family members I only met once as a child to tell them their son or daughter wants to meet them. most were happy to do so, but it put me in a strange spot I didn't like being in.

I have two remaining elders alive, and fortunately doing ok. Both are very interested in family history, but absolutely refuse to do the DNA thing. 😁