Wife needing some outside advice

Jlee7981

Female
Ok, I'm needing some advice on something. My husband and I have been together for 17 years. Not long ago, I suggested he sleep with other women, whether it be with or without me. This is something that I've always found to be a big turn on. Well, I've noticed that the women he hooks up with all seem to have something in common, which is completely opposite of me. Also, it seems he prefers them quite a bit younger than myself. The women he has chosen are all quite a bit bigger than myself in all aspects. I'm 5'1 about 115 lbs. I've asked him questions, but really don't get anything much other than he has no preference. I would say ok to that but all have been completely nothing like myself. I guess I'm just confused as to what this means. If anyone has any insight, I would live to hear your thoughts.

You've given him a very special gift of freedom. If he chooses to experience some variety, that's completely understandable. He's got you at home, the petite woman that he married. From a statistical standpoint, it seems to me that the majority of women are taller and heavier than you. Looking for sex partners is a combination of chance and opportunity. If he only looked for sex partners that resembled you, he probably wouldn't be getting any.

Thank you all. I'm probably reading too much into this. I've never been someone that worries about this kind of thing, but I'm human, and sometimes I just can't help it. Thanks!
Maybe a good thing to have an open minded conversation with him about; get into his head and let him into yours. Ask in non threatening ways so you can learn more about him. After all, a solid relationship is absolutely essential.

Reactions: Jlee7981
I wonder do the men you fantasize about look just like your husband? Or are they a bit hunkier?

I’m always surprised at the men my wife chooses as her lovers. she makes it clear she isn’t looking for her soul mate just someone who is good in bed. I’m like most guys. The most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen is the naked one in front of me at the time. Most don’t look like my wife at all. If she is in the room I’m still all eyes for her. Here is a line from “the Freakers Ball” by Dr Hook and the medicine show That sums up the preference of many of us.

White ones, black ones, yellow ones, red ones
Necrophiliacs looking for dead ones
The greatest of the sadists and the masochists too
Screaming please hit me and I'll hit you

Well, no they don't look like my husband. I guess if I was allowed to be with other men, I could understand a bit better. The last thing I want is for him to not be attracted to me anymore. Like I said, I'm probably reading too much into it and I'm going to have a conversation with him to hopefully clear these crazy feelings up

Reactions: NeedaDomInMI
Well, no they don't look like my husband. I guess if I was allowed to be with other men, I could understand a bit better. The last thing I want is for him to not be attracted to me anymore. Like I said, I'm probably reading too much into it and I'm going to have a conversation with him to hopefully clear these crazy feelings up
Nothing beats open dialogue. There's no point speculating or asking the rest of us to speculate. Show an interest, ask him what he looks for in a partner without asking him to make any sort of comparison with you. It may well be that he applies nothing like the sort of level of analysis that you do to his choices. A game that my wife and I play sometimes is to sit in the window of a coffee shop and watch people going by. You have the choice to nominate any of the first 10 people of the opposite sex who walk past the window for who you would like to sleep with. The catch is that if you say no to the first 9, number 10 is the one! Choices can be challenged and explanations/justifications for choices or rejections sought during play. It can be hysterically funny to play especially on a day when the Olympic Ugly Team seem to be out in town - the 10th person usually causes much amusement and it is hardly ever a euphoric "YES!"

Unless your husband is the cover model for GQ magazine, he probably understands that he needs to keep an open mind on what body type he can successfully lure into bed. Outside of this lifestyle, women aren't looking for "just sex" nearly as much as men are. I agree with the earlier advice and opportunity is a big factor. Best of luck!

A friend of mine got into an open relationship with his fiance. She, as would be expected, was able to easily find four or five guys who she could have sex with and she did. My friend was unable to find anyone for quite a while until, low and behold he found one. And she was a winner.....a keeper. He really connected with her, so much that she tried to lure him away from his fiance, but he turned her down.

The point is, men aren't good at this....as my own wife constantly tells me. A bit self-serving of her....probably, but she's right. So if you allow hubby this freedom it might not turn out the way you'd expect it to. A single woman doesn't really need "just sex" as was just mentioned above. A word of caution.

If you had a pass to be with anyone would you try something new younger different body type or will you look for someone like your husband? Don’t over think it. Like the other said

A friend of mine got into an open relationship with his fiance. She, as would be expected, was able to easily find four or five guys who she could have sex with and she did. My friend was unable to find anyone for quite a while until, low and behold he found one. And she was a winner.....a keeper. He really connected with her, so much that she tried to lure him away from his fiance, but he turned her down.

The point is, men aren't good at this....as my own wife constantly tells me. A bit self-serving of her....probably, but she's right. So if you allow hubby this freedom it might not turn out the way you'd expect it to. A single woman doesn't really need "just sex" as was just mentioned above. A word of caution.
I told my husband that we just need to explore more open minded women, ones that are comfortable with me joining or at least be present. Especially if I'm not allowed the same courtesy with other men

Nothing beats open dialogue. There's no point speculating or asking the rest of us to speculate. Show an interest, ask him what he looks for in a partner without asking him to make any sort of comparison with you. It may well be that he applies nothing like the sort of level of analysis that you do to his choices. A game that my wife and I play sometimes is to sit in the window of a coffee shop and watch people going by. You have the choice to nominate any of the first 10 people of the opposite sex who walk past the window for who you would like to sleep with. The catch is that if you say no to the first 9, number 10 is the one! Choices can be challenged and explanations/justifications for choices or rejections sought during play. It can be hysterically funny to play especially on a day when the Olympic Ugly Team seem to be out in town - the 10th person usually causes much amusement and it is hardly ever a euphoric "YES!"
Sounds like it would be a very amusing game!

…Show an interest, ask him what he looks for in a partner without asking him to make any sort of comparison with you…
In most cases, it could simply be a woman who is willing to open her legs for him. I gather is it MUCH more difficult for a man to find a partner in the life style than a woman.

Reactions: owlcuck
Well, first of all, he should go to church and thank God for a wife like you. Secondly, in my opinion, he is just looking for something different, so the complete opposite of you. Nothing to worry about