At Home Rapid Tests?

Does anyone have any experience with rapid std tests? My wife’s regular is a good friend of ours and the fiancé of her long time co worker. At this point we know and trust them about as good as anyone, hence him fucking my wife bareback. Recently we invited his friend into our relationship and he’s a bit of man whore who has used a condom the couple times he’s been with her.

My inquiry is related to just how effective these tests really are. I’ve read reviews ranging from they are amazing all the way to false positives and such. Last time we got together both he and my wife pushed a bit, not in a bad way, but pushed for him to go raw. I get both of their ends but don’t want to forsake safety for pleasure.

Reactions: nicebiguy
Currently, there are a few at-home, rapid test kits that don't require a full-on set of labs. There are at least two producers of kits for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Syphilis and Hepatitis B, and Herpes-2 that are reliable and accurate if they are used correctly. STD testing has some complexity - an infection doesn't appear immediately after exposure.

Depending on the test, you won't necessarily get results that indicate current or active infection (the Herpes-2 test is a good example). Instead, you get back what's essentially an exposure indication - the test reports the presence of antibodies, which could be associated with either an active infection, or latent/prior infection. A positive result from one of these at-home RTK's is call to see a physician and get a full work-up done.

Does anyone have any experience with rapid std tests? My wife’s regular is a good friend of ours and the fiancé of her long time co worker. At this point we know and trust them about as good as anyone, hence him fucking my wife bareback. Recently we invited his friend into our relationship and he’s a bit of man whore who has used a condom the couple times he’s been with her.

My inquiry is related to just how effective these tests really are. I’ve read reviews ranging from they are amazing all the way to false positives and such. Last time we got together both he and my wife pushed a bit, not in a bad way, but pushed for him to go raw. I get both of their ends but don’t want to forsake safety for pleasure.
It seems a lot of people don't do this. I think it's a good idea.

Reactions: Peter82
Currently, there are a few at-home, rapid test kits that don't require a full-on set of labs. There are at least two producers of kits for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Syphilis and Hepatitis B, and Herpes-2 that are reliable and accurate if they are used correctly. STD testing has some complexity - an infection doesn't appear immediately after exposure.

Depending on the test, you won't necessarily get results that indicate current or active infection (the Herpes-2 test is a good example). Instead, you get back what's essentially an exposure indication - the test reports the presence of antibodies, which could be associated with either an active infection, or latent/prior infection. A positive result from one of these at-home RTK's is call to see a physician and get a full work-up done.
Incredible and well thought out response which is sincerely appreciated. We learned a bit yesterday about the process and what to look for. We went to our local pharmacy and picked up two different full panel tests. The description was a bit ambiguous as far as the process went. We got home and quickly discovered yes it’s an at home test but that the kit needed to be submitted to the lab. Frustrating but just a part of the process I suppose. We ended up ordering one online which is a rapid test with rapid results so we will see.

Reactions: nicebiguy