Ghosting...

fireandfuck

Verified
Verified
I've been a part of this online community for over 3 years now. I have been very happily successful in meeting and enjoying a few vixens, hotwifes and slutwifes. I enjoy good conversation with other men. I ready good articles on LS based topics and watch great media content posted by wonderful people. As a member of this community and all of humanity, I'd like to pose a question.

When did it become normal practice, or acceptable social norm, to ghost people? To engage in conversation (that either was going well, or even if it wasn't) then leave without saying a word, never to be heard from again. Just like a line from a favorite movie of mine, "Just up and vanished, like a fart in the wind." (Mega respect if you can name the movie).

This forum is for adults. And as adults, have we become so self-centered that we have chosen to ignore common courtesy? Politeness? Dare I say, maturity? Sure, telling someone that it's not going to work out can be hard. Or, maybe in the discussion an issue has surfaced that is a deal breaker for you... I get it. It might be hard for some to write those words... To let someone else down, in their hopes or anticipation. But it is the right thing to do... The adult thing to do... The respectful thing to do.

I've met amazing people on here and I enjoy this community immensely. But I encourage us all to go that one extra step, when it's time to end the conversation for good. "Thank you, but no thank you."" I'm afraid it's not going to work out." "I think that's a deal breaker for me." "Thanks for the conversation, but I have to be going," I'm sure you can think of other ways of communicating it too.

To those who currently, actively, take this extra measure of courteousness, thank you.

I wish everyone a very happy and safe American Independence Day week.

I've been a part of this online community for over 3 years now. I have been very happily successful in meeting and enjoying a few vixens, hotwifes and slutwifes. I enjoy good conversation with other men. I ready good articles on LS based topics and watch great media content posted by wonderful people. As a member of this community and all of humanity, I'd like to pose a question.

When did it become normal practice, or acceptable social norm, to ghost people? To engage in conversation (that either was going well, or even if it wasn't) then leave without saying a word, never to be heard from again. Just like a line from a favorite movie of mine, "Just up and vanished, like a fart in the wind." (Mega respect if you can name the movie).

This forum is for adults. And as adults, have we become so self-centered that we have chosen to ignore common courtesy? Politeness? Dare I say, maturity? Sure, telling someone that it's not going to work out can be hard. Or, maybe in the discussion an issue has surfaced that is a deal breaker for you... I get it. It might be hard for some to write those words... To let someone else down, in their hopes or anticipation. But it is the right thing to do... The adult thing to do... The respectful thing to do.

I've met amazing people on here and I enjoy this community immensely. But I encourage us all to go that one extra step, when it's time to end the conversation for good. "Thank you, but no thank you."" I'm afraid it's not going to work out." "I think that's a deal breaker for me." "Thanks for the conversation, but I have to be going," I'm sure you can think of other ways of communicating it too.

To those who currently, actively, take this extra measure of courteousness, thank you.

Agreed, just be straight up, we’re all adults, just use words and say hey it was fun but I’m not interested or whatever .

Reactions: fireandfuck
Agreed, just be straight up, we’re all adults, just use words and say hey it was fun but I’m not interested or whatever .

The Shawshank Redemption

I totally agree. This happens to my wife all the time. It’s happened to me on this site with guys. I understand my wife isn’t a size 5 and isn’t going to appeal to everyone. Just be honest and say thanks for the opportunity but I don’t think it’s going to work for me