Wife and boyfriend

So my wife and I are travelling this week to visit family, her BF text me to ask if it would be possible for her to attend a work function with him upon our return. We live in Tampa Bay and he is in Orlando so 2 different worlds for most part. She would go as his girlfriend. I told her about it and she seems down so I am thinking I might let her go as I think she might enjoy it. In fact I may have her fly back straight to Orlando while I spend a couple more days with family knowing she will be busy. It would be her first time spending solo time at his place for a weekend. I know it sounds crazy but so is this whole husband/wife/boyfriend relationship we have had lately. It was supposed to just be sex at first but life is short and we are having fun. Am I crazy to open the door to one on one time, should I keep the visits to all 3 of us?
New to the LS but read The Ethical Slut over a decade ago. Good idea to crack it open with the Mrs even if your relationship stayed closed - the entire book is about boundaries and communication to establish between you two to stay on the same page.

Was your wife specific about why she thought it wasn't an option? Was it because she thought you would disapprove? Was it because it would cost too much even if the hotel and airfare were paid for? Was it because she thought it would be too big of a step to take? There are a lot of different possible reasons.

In that same sentence she offered up, "it was more or less he will be gone so we can plan other activities on a weekend for first time in awhile." Did she mean "other" than sexual activities, or sexual activities with "others"? If she has so much invested in this one guy and eventually he moves or moves on she could be turned off/hurt enough to not want to continue. There are many people here that fall into distinct camps about having one (or more) long term trusted friends or having several short term ones in hopes to prevent an attachment.

I understand that you like the attachment and many women and lots of husbands report that their wives need an emotional connection to have fun. Maybe it is the extra element of risk/reward that is the draw.

Speaking of "others", has your wife had much interaction with her friend that initiated that week while you were out of town? That girl sounds like a wild one. I imagine she could put some crazy ideas in your wife's head.
I agree with you. LISTEN TO THE WOMAN.... @ Phun Times 727...She is telling you more than she is saying. From what I have read from you is YOU are all in this new relationship.... but you are new and not aware of the STOP signs that women put up. In my opinion, and gut feeling is this "Bull" is wanting more than Boyfriend and is definitely falling in LOVE with your wife. She on the other hand, is telling you that she only wants the thrill of fucking and not the confusion of real love. If this was a "Bull" of a year or two, her message here is she wants to spend time with you. But this is a really new "Bull" and she is telling you to show where YOUR Love for her really fits in by telling you to be her husband or he will become her primary MAN and he is driving her to being his exclusive woman and eventually wife. CUCKOLD relationships can and do destroy families if boundaries are ignored, lines are not defined, emotions kept in check, and most important, communication is not clear and completely open.

@coastalkid. good call... Eyes Wide Open

Her friend is straight up crazy.

My wife assumed a trip to Paris would be too big of a thng to do, most expenses are covered but the time away, her work in US is in a different time zone etc so she just assumed let him travel for work. As far as our time here she meant like weekends we did before, like hang out just two of us, go out, have fun etc. Not a different sex thing. We are kind of good with what we have here, not really looking for any more dudes if you know what I mean. She is comfortable now and loosened up to the situation as far as our MFM being sex but also relationship. She likes having some emotional attachment to feel intimate. Women can feel slutty if they don't. not all but mine likes attachment. I can get her to be naughty once in awhile but she doesn't want to always feel like that.

Hell, if he asked me I'd go to Paris lol.
LISTEN TO THE WOMAN.... (@ Phun Times 727..).She is telling you more than she is saying. From what I have read from you is YOU are all in this new relationship.... but you are new and not aware of the STOP signs that women put up. In my opinion, and gut feeling is this "Bull" is wanting more than Boyfriend and is definitely falling in LOVE with your wife. She on the other hand, is telling you that she only wants the thrill of fucking and not the confusion of real love. If this was a "Bull" of a year or two, her message here is she wants to spend time with you. But this is a really new "Bull" and she is telling you to show where YOUR Love for her really fits in by telling you to be her husband or he will become her primary MAN and he is driving her to being his exclusive woman and eventually wife. CUCKOLD relationships can and do destroy families if boundaries are ignored, lines are not defined, emotions kept in check, and most important, communication is not clear and completely open.

TELL her to stay home with you and... you take this RED Flag from her and make her the only woman in the world. Don't even mention a single word about boyfriends or cuckolding unless she (big clue here) clearly starts the conversation. There is time in the future to grow this cuckold fetish WITH her and she will love the journey with you even more. After this time with YOU, she will want to communicate how and where SHE wants this "Bull" to mesh into your daily life. Talk about how SHE wants to handle his demands and "vacations" and What SHE see this boyfriend fling taking different turns on the future road. How she will handle his FEELings and HER FEELINGS about what could happen (especially since YOU want her to create a Love bond with this new "BULL"). Ask her what her concerns are and how she would handle these issues if they happen. Let her know that this is a journey both of you are taking together and you will never forget the amazing woman you married and she still is. she needs to know she is SAFE and you will always protect her from straying and being careless with her love. REMEMBER... the bull is replaceable, she is not. The bull can wait another day to take her on a vacation.