Advice please: wife's libido gone after seeing me use a dildo

About a month ago my wife and I are playing and she suggests I pull my dildo out of the drawer to use on myself. I was happy with this as I had been slowly coaxing her along the road toward us both playing with dildos.

Given it was at her behest, after I had warmed up I decided to get into a doggystyle position so she could see it working in and out (as I have been dying to be pegged I considered this a good move to get her used to the sight). Unfortunately though it totally grossed her out. She told me it brought back traumatic memories of her giving birth.

We had sex a few more times since then - admittedly a couple of 30 second morning quickies and one proper session. Her libido recently though has dropped off a cliff - we've gone from 2-5 times a week to nothing. If I'm lucky she'll play with my balls while I masturbate.

We've talked about it a number of times and she was putting it down to stress at work, stress with her family and an iron deficiency a doctor identified recently. This has put quite a strain on our relationship as I am always horny as hell and still find her (very) physically attractive after 12 years of marriage.

So, last night as she again offered to help me masturbate it came out that she still thought about the dildo (she can't stop) and that's a major reason why her libido has tanked. I haven't had a chance to interrogate that as it was right at lights out but suffice to say I didn't feel like masturbating any more.

I'm trying to be patient and hoping her libido reboots soon but does anyone have any similar experiences or advice?