How much is psychological versus sexual?

How much of the stimulation of sex with others is spurred by a psychological excitement of the process and activity rather than by the sheer sex? Dig deep. Think about what really makes you excited apart from an orgasm. This question is really intended for the women, if for no other reason than I'm unfortunately expecting dozens of replies from men saying "I'd like to fuck you unconscious, you hot slut". What exactly turns you on in the course of the whole process? The fantasy? The build up? The pre-meet expectation? The erotic anticipation? The attention? How much teasing or role playing is involved? To what extent does the thinking and fantasizing and planning of a potential meet factor into your excitement? Or is it really just the sex, and everything else is irrelevant? What exactly makes it so exciting? Did your thinking and behavior evolve, or did you always just want to fuck everyone?

Absolutely!!! I know I plan sex events for my wife and tell her a lot of times what I’m thinking. This starts her going as well. It’s all about the adventures and different things we can do. I see a lot of people and couples all they do is have sex and no spice or adventures. Generally these couples don’t last. They get bored with each other.
Very well put...

Reactions: Romey
This is an engaging question and you have framed it with some care.

How much of the stimulation of sex with others is spurred by a psychological excitement of the process and activity rather than by the sheer sex?

Arguably, the ‘how much’ locates the response on a spectrum between two poles and then asks ‘where do we draw the line.’

For this preliminary reply, I would ask whether this might not differ from person to person. No two psycho-sexual personalities are identical. We all react to stimuli, nut not necessarily to the same stimuli. Moreover, when we DO react to the same stimuli, we undoubtedly do so from the perspective of our unique experiences.

We can speak of fetishes because we recognize a commonality of factors related to particular interests. But there are undoubtedly any number of variations within a fetish, be it foot worship, adult nursing or whatever.

Some of this is sociological. Vampirism has no objective basis in reality, and yet for some, the idea is very highly eroticized.

I have always responded very powerfully to the idea of erotic hypnosis. This was based on an old movie with an extremely voluptuous hypnotist that I saw when I was 11. For me, that hit like crack! On the other hand, many younger people were drawn into this on the basis of an animated cartoon — a scene in Jungle Book where Caw [a serpent] lulls unsuspecting victims into hypnotic sleep before eating them.

Kudos to the original poster! I look forward to seeing how this thread develops. I hope the ladies come forward as well. Their capacity for fantasy is the stuff of legend!

Edit: I just remembered a point made a while ago by a talented young woman who, among other things, is employed as a stripper. This kind and good person made the observation that for her, it is her fantasies that make her orgasm.

How cool is that!
Unfortunately, it never developed with ladies. As usual, I get lots of replies from men, but few from the women, although the ladies who do reply have much more substantial insight. I am interested in hypnosis. Does it really work for sex related behavior? Can a women be induced into doing something sexually that she never did before? Do you know anyone who has engaged in it? Would love to hear more. I have some theories, but not sure they're valid.

How much of the stimulation of sex with others is spurred by a psychological excitement of the process and activity rather than by the sheer sex? Dig deep. Think about what really makes you excited apart from an orgasm. This question is really intended for the women, if for no other reason than I'm unfortunately expecting dozens of replies from men saying "I'd like to fuck you unconscious, you hot slut". What exactly turns you on in the course of the whole process? The fantasy? The build up? The pre-meet expectation? The erotic anticipation? The attention? How much teasing or role playing is involved? To what extent does the thinking and fantasizing and planning of a potential meet factor into your excitement? Or is it really just the sex, and everything else is irrelevant? What exactly makes it so exciting? Did your thinking and behavior evolve, or did you always just want to fuck everyone?
Read the whole two pages, the males won't just shut up 😂 despite you repeating it over and over for females to respond. So sorry...

Wanda I wish lady's would talk about this subject. I am not one but i will tell you what is it like for me. Sex for me is like a gift! First for me to go after a lady, I need to be attracted to her. Phisically, or i need to find her personality attractive. And then there is a trill of the chase. Courting a lady is a very special time for me. I enjoy it very much. Courting her is to get to know her. Discovering things about her. What she likes and dislikes, what she smells like, what her lips taste like, what her kiss feels like... That lady to me is like a long awaited fine and precious gift. Coutring proces is like slowley unwraping that gift! Sex with her is the ultimate experiance of joy and pleasure! It is like finally coming home from a long journey!

Reactions: owlmale