Post the most slutty look of your Hotwife to Caption💦

The grapefruit technique, or simply “grapefruiting,” in which you cut a hole into a grapefruit and use it while you’re going down on a guy, has been made legendary by a funny, charismatic Chicago-based sexpert called Auntie Angel. She sells a line of sex-technique instructional DVDs (including “Angel’s Fellatio Secrets”) but has selflessly offered up her grapefruit blow job YouTube tutorial for free because, she says, “I believe every man should be grapefruited.” All righty! The sensation for him is supposed to be, uh, mind-blowing… and possibly cardiac arrest-inducing. Now that’s a powerful BJ.

“Men have said that it feels more like getting a blow job and having penis/vagina intercourse at the same time,” says clinical sexologist Dr. Kat Van Kirk. “There just seems to be more stimulation all the way around. Some guys also like to use grapefruiting as a masturbation technique. Many state that the texture feels a lot like the inside of a vagina.”

The prep for the grapefruit blow job is not unlike Saturday Night Live‘s “Dick in a Box” skit: Cut the navel ends off a grapefruit, cut a hole the size of his penis’s girth in the middle of the grapefruit, and put his (erect) junk in that grapefruit. Then move and twist the grapefruit “ring” up and down his shaft while sucking the head of the penis. Easy enough.

Auntie Angel recommends springing the grapefruit on your (blindfolded) man as a surprise to make it less weird for him and — I’m guessing — to heighten the sensation. I had technically already ruined the shock factor by telling my boyfriend about it, so I waited a week after our discussion to hit the grocery store and select the perfect — or would it be “sexiest?” — grapefruit.

About an hour later, back at my apartment, I told him I had a surprise for him and to lie down on the bed while I blindfolded him. (Pro tip: If you ever want to see a man scamper to the bedroom as fast as a Twilight vampire, tell him you’ve got a surprise for him that involves a blindfold.)

Once in the kitchen, I quietly sliced into the grapefruit and immediately realized I should have let the damn thing come down further to room temperature before we began, or at least warmed it between my hands (Auntie Angel says under no circumstances should you use a microwave). The flesh was ever so slightly chilly. But I’d already blindfolded him, so there was no turning back. I carved the hole and went for it.

From a blower’s perspective, it is profoundly weird to look down and see a grapefruit, Sunkist label still on, mid-bob. Plus, the grapefruit’s juices do run, so if you don’t want to ruin your 900-thread-count Egyptian cotton sheets, put a towel down first (though that seems overly OCD). However, the slippery texture is kinda fun to work with! And there’s a huge perk to this technique for women who don’t love giving BJs: If it’s the smell or taste that bothers you, the grapefruit’s scent and flavor is so strong it’s like going down on a grapefruit popsicle — much more pleasant than a normal beej.

Afterward, I asked my boyfriend what he thought. More specifically, did I traumatize him because the grapefruit was too cold?

Nope, the temperature was fine (thank god). He said the change in texture and temp felt like stepping from a sauna into a refreshing plunge pool — but it wasn’t quite the holy-$%*@-more-more-more widow-maker Auntie Angel promised.

Would he request the grapefruit blow job again? Probably not, he says. But…

“Again, I’m just happy to be blindfolded and get a blowjob.”

Verdict: This trick is worth a shot because a grapefruit costs literally 99 cents. Rather than buying an expensive couples’ vibrator in the hopes of spicing things up, you really can’t go wrong with spending a buck on a grapefruit. Just, um, let it come up to room temperature first.IMG_4911.JPG