STD Check

TheRedWolf

Male
Verified
Gold
Does anyone have any experience using STD check. I'm interested to know if it shows up on your permanent medical records. How discreet is it?

Does anyone have any experience using STD check. I'm interested to know if it shows up on your permanent medical records. How discreet is it?
Does it make a difference? I get tested frequently at a place that does pretty much just that. Some diseases have to be reported to various health agencies but I'm not sure how all of that works. Certainly AIDS, Syphillis would both be reported to local health officials. Not sure your information is revealed though, but I think they are pretty good about keeping that stuff low key, they just want to control any possible outbreaks. In any case, you certainly would rather be tested and treated instead of living in ignorance about having a STD. Most of them are curable or at least treatable. It would be awful to spread STD to other people's spouses or anybody else in this lifestyle.

Depending on the city, there should always be some sort of testing available nearby.

I'm just curious how discreet they are. I test often when I'm active as everyone should. I don't care to have the whole world know that I test every few months.
Why would anybody else know? Do they know when you see a doctor for an ear infection? We test often and have never had any reason to doubt the privacy of testing. Testing and knowing is light years preferable to having a disease and not knowing. If you have AIDS or Syphilis it is probably required by law to be reported to some sort of county health official, even so, that will be kept private from others.

Why would anybody else know? Do they know when you see a doctor for an ear infection? We test often and have never had any reason to doubt the privacy of testing. Testing and knowing is light years preferable to having a disease and not knowing. If you have AIDS or Syphilis it is probably required by law to be reported to some sort of county health official, even so, that will be kept private from others.
I'm just curious of everyone's experience with this service. Yes obviously it's better to test and be safe.

Reactions: btweets
There is a free clinic here in Aurora, but I’ve always just been tested by my primary physician anyway and have never been diagnosed with any kind of STD! I did get Mono from a girl I dated in HS tho! Lol!

Reactions: TheRedWolf
We’ve used STD Check for years - a part of our vetting/screening process… they are reliable, private, and the network makes it easy for candidates to get screened, as well as for us to obtain reliable, real results.

We make the candidate pay for his own screening - skin in the game if you will. This is also a means of weeding out flakes/fakes.

STD Check doesn’t accept insurance, and they have no connection to your health care insurance provider, so no ‘permanent record’ of the testing is kept or transferred to insurance networks. The individual getting tested pays 100% out of pocket.

The test results get associated with an anonymous ID and PIN - this makes it easy for us to log in, use the identifier, and evaluate the candidates test results.

Reactions: TheRedWolf
We’ve used STD Check for years - a part of our vetting/screening process… they are reliable, private, and the network makes it easy for candidates to get screened, as well as for us to obtain reliable, real results.

We make the candidate pay for his own screening - skin in the game if you will. This is also a means of weeding out flakes/fakes.

STD Check doesn’t accept insurance, and they have no connection to your health care insurance provider, so no ‘permanent record’ of the testing is kept or transferred to insurance networks. The individual getting tested pays 100% out of pocket.

The test results get associated with an anonymous ID and PIN - this makes it easy for us to log in, use the identifier, and evaluate the candidates test results.
Thank you for the excellent response, this was everything I was wanting to know about the service. This sounded discreet and convenient which is what I am looking for. How quick are the appointments?

Thank you for the excellent response, this was everything I was wanting to know about the service. This sounded discreet and convenient which is what I am looking for. How quick are the appointments?
The response time varies based on the location, and lab itself. This service is network-based, using various providers across the U.S. In most cases, you can have a candidate schedule, and complete an appointment within two to three days. The results lag by about a week. You need to plan ahead.

We ask our candidates to provide a PDF copy of the results, along with their anonymous ID/PIN, and we compare them. It is amazing the lengths some will go to to try and fake the process.