DPP Gay or Not?

Labels are a good way of identifying a person sexual preferences. Labels are bad if they are used as a negative.
When I say I’m bi it’s to identify that I like both men and women and I say that proudly.
In the gay world we identify as top, bottom or verse. Simple way of identifying your preferences.
No that's true and both hubby and I are happy to identify as bi - him all his life, me coming to identify that way later in life.
The problem I have is that labels can be used negatively or ambiguously. Gay for instance to one person might be how they proudly self identify but to another is seen in a negative light. I've seen several posts on here now where guys (it usually is guys for the most part) are worrying that if the engage in certain sexual acts, they might be seen as being gay. That's when I say why do labels matter so much? If you enjoy something don't get to hung up on the labels.
And some labels are used so ambiguously as to have little real meaning anymore. Cuckold for instance has a strict dictionary definition but in the lifestyle is used to mean so many different expressions that some men whose wives fuck other guys don't want to identify as cuckold because they equate it with being submissive/sissy/sexually inferior etc etc - take your pick. So then because of that we end up with another term - stag. But what about all the guys that don't fit as either cuck (in its sub use) and stag but are somewhere in between. So sometimes rather than making things clearer, labelling someone or something just makes for more confusion. Sorry for the rant but this is one of my pet peeves xx