Making a Hotwife!

I thought I would post a quick update. My wife travelled back to Chicago this week for the first time in several months. It is a quick and very busy trip so she said she wouldn’t have time to play. Life has been very busy lately, so I wouldn’t be surprised if she uses any free time to rest or hit the gym. However, I also wouldn’t know if she contacted her old friend for some play while there unless she chooses to tell me.

Things are still improving between us, but rebuilding trust takes time. I have a birthday coming up in the next few weeks and how my wife treats special occasions is a good measure of how she feels about us. I mentioned a couple of months ago that I was still waiting for last year’s birthday present from her. It will be interesting to see if she does anything for my birthday.

Our busy schedule will start slowing down soon and may allow more focus on our relationship. Fingers crossed!

I thought I would post a quick update. My wife travelled back to Chicago this week for the first time in several months. It is a quick and very busy trip so she said she wouldn’t have time to play. Life has been very busy lately, so I wouldn’t be surprised if she uses any free time to rest or hit the gym. However, I also wouldn’t know if she contacted her old friend for some play while there unless she chooses to tell me.

Things are still improving between us, but rebuilding trust takes time. I have a birthday coming up in the next few weeks and how my wife treats special occasions is a good measure of how she feels about us. I mentioned a couple of months ago that I was still waiting for last year’s birthday present from her. It will be interesting to see if she does anything for my birthday.

Our busy schedule will start slowing down soon and may allow more focus on our relationship. Fingers crossed!
Deep down do you want her to play?

This entire "rebuilding trust" thing is actually on you, not her. You told her starting in post #42 (I believe) that she actually can NOT "communicate" with you at all. The moment she tried to discuss this issue that had come up YOU acted in an absurd manner. She agreed not to see him anymore, you stomp off pouting before talking through this and then go further by refusing to go on a vacation together because of your "hurt feelings". You should have been gentle, advised her to stop seeing him, NEVER brought up anything about "ending your relationship" and then chalked it up to a lifestyle issue gone bad and already rectified by her. Then you go on vacation and act normally. I guess I just don't get this at all. You turned this almost immediately into separating finances, protecting yourself, "the kids", her running off with him. That seems ridiculous to me. Hopefully you can reflect on this and see where you were wrong as well as her. You would have to swallow your pride and admit your failings to her as well.

I don't think you are cut out for the lifestyle and your relationship is certainly in danger. You've been acting this way for a couple of years now and I believe there must be other factors in this. She would be right to be leery of you at this point. I know it sounds harsh, no offense, but this was totally avoidable.

Mrs hw

Reactions: Muffcleaner
This entire "rebuilding trust" thing is actually on you, not her. You told her starting in post #42 (I believe) that she actually can NOT "communicate" with you at all. The moment she tried to discuss this issue that had come up YOU acted in an absurd manner. She agreed not to see him anymore, you stomp off pouting before talking through this and then go further by refusing to go on a vacation together because of your "hurt feelings". You should have been gentle, advised her to stop seeing him, NEVER brought up anything about "ending your relationship" and then chalked it up to a lifestyle issue gone bad and already rectified by her. Then you go on vacation and act normally. I guess I just don't get this at all. You turned this almost immediately into separating finances, protecting yourself, "the kids", her running off with him. That seems ridiculous to me. Hopefully you can reflect on this and see where you were wrong as well as her. You would have to swallow your pride and admit your failings to her as well.

I don't think you are cut out for the lifestyle and your relationship is certainly in danger. You've been acting this way for a couple of years now and I believe there must be other factors in this. She would be right to be leery of you at this point. I know it sounds harsh, no offense, but this was totally avoidable.

Mrs hw
Mrs HW,

First, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the feedback. Having an unbiased woman’s attention is super valuable and I haven’t much female feedback to any of my posts.

I think you are referencing post 47 as that is when things took a dramatic turn. At that time, my wife would not agree to end things with J and she made it clear that if she had to choose between us, she would choose him. Once she made that statement, I did transition to protecting the kids, myself, and our financial future. I have to be careful how much detail I share here to keep anonymity. There are some complicated financial implications which might make more sense if I could share everything, but doing so would make it easy for someone to identify me and my family. Just some perspective on why I pivoted my focus to that so quickly.

That being said, I also wish I could have just let her relationship run its course with J and just be a supportive partner. Loyalty has always been important to me and when she chose someone she had known for a couple of weeks over her husband of 15 years, I didn’t handle it well. Neither of us handled it well.

Had my wife agreed to stop seeing him or even made it clear that I was her priority, it wouldn’t have been an issue at all. We have worked through several issues and misunderstandings throughout our journey in the lifestyle. Until last summer, the lessons learned made us stronger. I still don’t understand why last summer was different.

I would love to get more context from you to learn how I can be better moving forward and also how I can help my wife understand my concerns without putting her on the defensive.

Can you clarify your comment about me “acting this way for years”? Prior to the situation with J, how have I behaved poorly or squashed open communication with my wife? Prior to last summer, it had been quite some time since we had any major arguments. (Maybe I need to read all my posts again to see what I am missing). ;-)

You are 100% correct that the rebuilding of trust is something I need to get over. No relationship is without risk and it comes down to a decision I need to make on if the reward is worth the risk. I don’t want to spend my life looking over my shoulder, but I love my wife very much. I would love to hear more from you on what I can do to find common ground with my wife. I can tell that she chooses her words carefully with me since last summer. She needs to learn to trust me as well. Learning how to communicate again is probably the first step. Hard to thrive when walking on eggshells.

Again, thanks for the honest feedback. I am always looking to learn and to share my experiences with others in hopes it helps.

Reactions: NeedaDomInMI
Mrs HW,

First, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the feedback. Having an unbiased woman’s attention is super valuable and I haven’t much female feedback to any of my posts.

I think you are referencing post 47 as that is when things took a dramatic turn. At that time, my wife would not agree to end things with J and she made it clear that if she had to choose between us, she would choose him. Once she made that statement, I did transition to protecting the kids, myself, and our financial future. I have to be careful how much detail I share here to keep anonymity. There are some complicated financial implications which might make more sense if I could share everything, but doing so would make it easy for someone to identify me and my family. Just some perspective on why I pivoted my focus to that so quickly.

That being said, I also wish I could have just let her relationship run its course with J and just be a supportive partner. Loyalty has always been important to me and when she chose someone she had known for a couple of weeks over her husband of 15 years, I didn’t handle it well. Neither of us handled it well.

Had my wife agreed to stop seeing him or even made it clear that I was her priority, it wouldn’t have been an issue at all. We have worked through several issues and misunderstandings throughout our journey in the lifestyle. Until last summer, the lessons learned made us stronger. I still don’t understand why last summer was different.

I would love to get more context from you to learn how I can be better moving forward and also how I can help my wife understand my concerns without putting her on the defensive.

Can you clarify your comment about me “acting this way for years”? Prior to the situation with J, how have I behaved poorly or squashed open communication with my wife? Prior to last summer, it had been quite some time since we had any major arguments. (Maybe I need to read all my posts again to see what I am missing). ;-)

You are 100% correct that the rebuilding of trust is something I need to get over. No relationship is without risk and it comes down to a decision I need to make on if the reward is worth the risk. I don’t want to spend my life looking over my shoulder, but I love my wife very much. I would love to hear more from you on what I can do to find common ground with my wife. I can tell that she chooses her words carefully with me since last summer. She needs to learn to trust me as well. Learning how to communicate again is probably the first step. Hard to thrive when walking on eggshells.

Again, thanks for the honest feedback. I am always looking to learn and to share my experiences with others in hopes it helps.

Yes, that was my mistake. I was in a hurry and got lost throughout the thread. Only in this last year. I apologize. Didn't I read that she agreed to stop seeing this guy? Why didn't you guys finish the initial conversation instead of taking off like that. Once you dug in and the other "relationship" conversation began, then there was going to be a very difficult time tamping that down. The proposal she started with was clearly ludicrous...obviously she can't continue to see some guy who is jeopardizing your marriage and she must stop seeing him. She was emotional and lost, probably saying things she was thinking but not being rational with herself. Just being loving and calm would have gotten you guys much farther along without all of the drama IMHO

Yes, that was my mistake. I was in a hurry and got lost throughout the thread. Only in this last year. I apologize. Didn't I read that she agreed to stop seeing this guy? Why didn't you guys finish the initial conversation instead of taking off like that. Once you dug in and the other "relationship" conversation began, then there was going to be a very difficult time tamping that down. The proposal she started with was clearly ludicrous...obviously she can't continue to see some guy who is jeopardizing your marriage and she must stop seeing him. She was emotional and lost, probably saying things she was thinking but not being rational with herself. Just being loving and calm would have gotten you guys much farther along without all of the drama IMHO
I definitely could have handled the initial conversation better. I am sure my difficulty with the truth has hampered conversations since then. Neither of us are where we were prior to the events last summer and fall. I believe we both want things to get back to normal, but neither of us are sharing our feelings openly anymore.

When I think about the future, I still see my wife and I together and happy. However, when I compare where we are today and where we need to be, there is quite a distance between the two.

Thank you for the insight. I don’t always understand where my wife is coming from, but I am always willing to learn. Have a great day!

• Love
Reactions: coastalkid
My sexy wife met up with her newest friend again last night and all went very well. They had dinner first, the back to her hotel room for dessert. They played for nearly an hour. He undressed her again and was more dominant this time. He spread her out on the bed and licked and fingered her until she squirted all over him and the bed. She then wrapped her warm lips around his shaft and sucked his cock until his legs began to shake. She said he didn’t cum, but she swallowed a fair amount of his precum. He fucked her while standing on the side of the bed with her legs up on his shoulders, then missionary for a while. She said he finished on his knees with her on her back and her crossed legs up by his shoulders. I asked if he asked where he should cum or if he told her he was cumming. She said he neither asked nor warned him. Instead, he simply pumped her pussy full of a large load of his hot seed! She said she knew it was coming because he picked up the pace and was pounding her very hard.

After they finished, they cuddled while his seed leaked out of her well fucked pussy and mixed with the already wet spot from her heavy squirting. After he left, she called me and told me all about their night. She was absolutely giddy, but wished I was there to lick her pussy and fill her up again. I think this guy might be her all time favorite. What is most interesting to me is that she says he and I have so much in common. Most of her othe4 bulls have been quite different than me. I am certain that our similarities are a major reason she let him fuck her bare on their first outing.

Even after four years of play, I still learn more each time she gets fucked by a new friend. Having a sexy hotwife is awesome!

She has shared a few photos and a video from a previous outing and given me permission to share here. Is anyone interested in seeing if her pussy and body are what you imagined?
Absolutely
Post em

Reactions: artman6060
I see a lot of questions on how to get your wife or gf to play with others. I don't have a one size fits all solution, but can share how my sexy wife and I got here.

The Background:
For us, a critical element was a very sexual lady from day one. When I first met my wife, she was in her early twenties and she had spent the previous few years spreading her sexual wings. I was ten years her senior and had recently escaped from a bad marriage. I was not looking for any serious relationship but my future wife had other ideas. From the first time we met, she knew she wanted to marry me. After playing around with plenty of men, she was ready to settle down and I was a very safe option. I was well established in my career, financially secure, and certainly not a player. In spite of all of that boring stuff, I was a pervert and very sexual myself. I loved the fact that she was young but very experienced in the bedroom. We married after a couple years dating and over the next ten years, we had three kids.

As the years progressed, and life changed, I sensed my wife become frustrated with her freedom in many ways. I have become more of a homebody and she still enjoyed going out with friends. She didn't like me staying at home, but eventually found a nice circle of friends who enjoyed going out with her. I would occasionally join them, but usually let her do her own thing. Looking back, I can see where there were many opportunities for her to satisfy her sexual need for variety on those nights out, yet I have no actual proof that anything ever happened. Early in our marriage, I was jealous at times, but that mellowed over the years. We talked on many occasions about opening up our marriage. While she was very interested in variety herself, she didn't want me playing with other women. Of all the stages, this one took the longest to work through. She knew she wanted to play. we have a great sex lifestyle, but she wanted/needed variety like she had before we met. She also likes to be fucked hard and tossed around a bit by her lovers. That isn't my style, though I have found a bit more aggressive nature over time and can clearly see that she likes it!

The Big Defining Moment:
I don't remember exactly when the first opportunity presented itself, but it must have been in mid to late 2016. She would go out with friends a few times per month. Most of the time, it was a spur of the moment decision and she would email or text me at work letting me know she was going out. I never had a problem with it because I could relax at home with the kids. They were all old enough at this time that they could entertain themselves.

Everything was normal until the next morning. As we got up and moving, my sexy wife asked me if the option to play outside of marriage was still on the table. I told her it was and her response was if it had to be both ways. We discussed further in great detail. One of my first questions was "What caused this topic to come up today?" Of course I knew she went out and I assumed she had met someone interesting. I learned that she had run into some coworkers and a guy she has lusted after was clearly interested in her too. They both flirted openly but she was afraid to follow through because it had been so long since we last talked about playing with others. While we had discussed many times over the years, we never settled on a green light or laid out basic groundrules.

Over the next several days, we continued to discuss everything around playing with others. I also did extensive research online to better understand the hotwifing dynamic. We agreed that she could play with others and I would remain faithful to her. My main expectation was that she would need to meet all my sexual needs for this to work. The minute she put another man first or left me hanging because she played elsewhere, we would either need to end her play or renegotiate our arrangement.

With this green light, she tried to land this guy but it wasn't meant to be and she never had another chance. However, we did learn that I could handle another man pursuing her and her showing interest in another man without too much jealousy. We learned that open communication was the key as my concerns usually grew when I was left to my own imagination to guess what was going on.

The Rules:
As I mentioned above, once I agreed she could play with others, I spent many hours reading about other's experiences and the lessons they learned. This helped me understand what I was comfortable with and where my hard stops resided. My wife and I had numerous conversations about rules, guidelines, and expectations and quickly learned that we felt differently about a lot of things. One of the major hang ups was who could be considered for play. Much of the research I had done said to stay away from friends and coworkers. Just too much risk in the secret getting out if things went bad. However, my wife said she wouldn't be comfortable playing with a stranger and that there had to be a connection for her to feel comfortable. We also talked extensively about my involvement. My wife had tried a threesome once before we met and said in was more like alternating between both guys than actually having sex with both at the same time. As a result, she preferred to focus on one guy at a time which meant that I would be at home waiting to please her and get mine after she finished playing with someone else. We also both agreed that safe play was required for all activities. And open, honest communication was required at all times. She had full discretion on who she slept with, but would do her best to run it past me prior to sealing the deal. The most important rule was that we would fully experience this one time and then discuss how it went for both parties. If either of us didn't like it, we would not hold a grudge and would return to the vanilla lifestyle. It was critical to my wife that I would not hold this over her if it went badly.

The Evolution:
Over the next year, there wasn't much progress. She continued to go out but wasn't just looking for any guy. She wanted someone different than me. I am pretty average in all ways, so if she was going to play, it was going to be with a tall, dark, and handsome type. Especially to pop her hotwife cherry. There were a few closer calls but nothing ever lined up to where it happened. Each near miss was an opportunity to learn and for us to talk more. It was a long arduous process as I would sit at home each of her nights out with a raging boner wondering if tonight would be the night.

Finally Sealing The Deal:
Throughout the summer of 2018, she regularly met up with coworkers after work and on the weekends. We even hosted a few parties at our house. While nothing happened, that I know of, there was always plenty of flirting. I was pretty sure I had an idea who might be her first as one coworker made sure to attend all of the get together when my wife was there. My wife told me I was wrong and that they were just friends. Even when she came home at 5am one morning and told me they sat in the car talking all night. Hmmm?

Eventually, another candidate emerged out of nowhere and my wife seemed committed to making it happen. It was another coworker, but in her same department that started joining their work outings. I wouldn't have pegged him as her type, but he was a tall and solid built man. He wasn't clean shaven, and was about 5 years younger than her. I don't think he was on her radar screen until he started flirting heavily with her one night after consuming plenty of alcohol. We talked the next day, and she agreed that she was finally going to seal the deal. There were some logistical issues to work through. While he was in his late twenties, he still lived with his family. It was a cultural thing. One of his attractions was a heavy foreign accent. It took a couple of weeks to arrange everything. He was going to get a room at a nearby hotel and they could go there after the normal work outing and drinks. It was a great plan in theory, but we learned that letting a guy think long and hard about fucking a married coworker can cause some feelings of buyers remorse. They did end up getting together, but he was so nervous about what was going to happen, he drank too much and had trouble performing. When it was all said and done, they did fuck briefly, but between the alcohol and use of a condom, he wasn't able to stay hard. They did kiss and play for a while in other ways, but she did not get the vigorous fucking she was looking for. She did say he was longer and thicker than me, but it didn't last long enough to satisfy her. If I remember correctly, he did finger her to orgasm and then jacked off on her chest and belly. Then, they showered together and snuggled until he passed out. She left once he passed out and came home to jump my bones. And, I was happy to finish what he started. While not a full success, she did slide another man's cock into her married pussy and shared all the details with me. I think the failure helped me accept the first time without any jealousy. However, it was a bummer for my wife and delayed the true start of her hotwife journey.

If I get 100 views or a handful of comments, I'll share more! Trust me when I say that this was just the beginning!
Very interesting.......

Reactions: artman6060
This is a very helpful and important thread. It seems to me that this reinforces the whole notion of being able to honestly and openly communicate. Do you think your wife wasn't considering the long term and was caught up in the new experience? I understand that many women feel like they need an emotional connection to enjoy the sex. Do you feel like she's capable of having sex outside your marriage for purely recreational purposes?

Coastalkid.

Great observation! My wife has always been able to enjoy sex without an emotional connection. That was something we discussed at length for several years before she started playing. Before we met, she had numerous sex partners and rarely dated anyone for an extended period of time. Even when playing, she didn’t ever have any serious feelings for any of her play partners. They were simply friends with benefits until she met the guy last summer.

I probably should have seen the difference right away. She let him cum inside her bare the first time they met. She also spent time with him outside the bedroom which is also not something she has done with other play partners. There were some complicated circumstances with this guy. She met him while traveling for work and spent several days with him in a row essentially dating before coming back home to me. While traveling for work, there was no normal family obligations or distractions. I was holding down things at home while she simply worked during the day and played at night. I think it affected her and she failed to see that spending time with him was less complicated than spending time with me and our family. We are always running for the kids and don’t have a lot of quality time for just us. I think it was all just a wake up call for her and me. She was nearing 40 and I think this was a bit of a midlife crises for her. It took some time and difficult conversations before she took a few steps back and evaluated the complete picture and everything that each of her us brought to the table. To be honest, it took me telling her I was done and that I wanted out for her to take a hard look at what she was giving up.

He still reaches out to her from time to time but she has lost interest in anything with him. She hasn’t played with anyone else since last fall and says she just wants to focus on us. We have talked about her playing again at some point in the future but are just enjoying each others company for now. It will take some time to recover, but things are progressing nicely for now.

Thanks for the comment!

Interesting development today in our journey. My wife and I are both working from home today. During a break, we were talking about plans for this weekend. She said that she would want to go to Ohio if she was feeling better. (My wife is recovering from a nasty cold) I asked why she would want to go to Ohio and she rolled her eyes at me and then smiled. The significance of Ohio is that there is a sex club there that we have wanted to visit but haven’t found a weekend that works.

This is the first time my wife has mentioned Ohio in nearly a year. Despite our challenges last fall, I have been very clear that I don’t want a vanilla relationship. I am still turned on by her playing with others and I also know that she isn’t going to be happy in a monogamous relationship. I do expect that we remain committed to each other and be the priority in each other’s life, but that doesn’t mean monogamous. In spite of these conversations, I have felt like my wife was pulling her punches and avoiding the topic of extramarital play. Every time I have brought up anything to do with being a hotwife, she shuts the conversation down with some reference to “not now, too busy, too tired, no interest”. However, she also hasn’t given me any indication that she is done with being a hotwife.

Her distance isn’t limited to hotwifing. Since her relationship with another guy last fall and us nearly filing for divorce, she has been guarded. That’s not to say she has been disengaged, but she hasn’t been openly sharing her thoughts over the past 6-8 months. I have also been somewhat guarded as we find our new normal. I believe that we both want to find a way to work together, but aren’t sure how to take the next step. Her actions tell me she cares, but her guarded response also shows some hesitation or “more to the story”.

As we got back to work, her comment got my mind running. I sent her a snap letting her know that her mentioning Ohio was hot. I agreed that this weekend wouldn’t work, but we have a few other weekends in the next couple of months that might work. She then mentioned finding out what events they have on the weekends we are free. I told her that she needs to be healthy so she can be free and wild. She agreed but then said that “I might not be able to handle her at her wildest lol”. I replied that I would love to see her at her wildest and that she may be pleasantly surprised at how I respond to her wild side. I then told her that as long as we are together, the wilder she is the better. I reminded her that it won’t be long and we will be empty nesters soon and she will be free to play whenever she wishes.

I have been very supportive of her wild bucket list items with the exception of a poly relationship where I am not the primary. Now I am wondering what she is afraid to tell me. I would love some feedback based upon what I have shared. I don’t know if she is just hanging on until our kids are out of the house, or if she is afraid to be her true kinky self. Thoughts?

Interesting development today in our journey. My wife and I are both working from home today. During a break, we were talking about plans for this weekend. She said that she would want to go to Ohio if she was feeling better. (My wife is recovering from a nasty cold) I asked why she would want to go to Ohio and she rolled her eyes at me and then smiled. The significance of Ohio is that there is a sex club there that we have wanted to visit but haven’t found a weekend that works.

This is the first time my wife has mentioned Ohio in nearly a year. Despite our challenges last fall, I have been very clear that I don’t want a vanilla relationship. I am still turned on by her playing with others and I also know that she isn’t going to be happy in a monogamous relationship. I do expect that we remain committed to each other and be the priority in each other’s life, but that doesn’t mean monogamous. In spite of these conversations, I have felt like my wife was pulling her punches and avoiding the topic of extramarital play. Every time I have brought up anything to do with being a hotwife, she shuts the conversation down with some reference to “not now, too busy, too tired, no interest”. However, she also hasn’t given me any indication that she is done with being a hotwife.

Her distance isn’t limited to hotwifing. Since her relationship with another guy last fall and us nearly filing for divorce, she has been guarded. That’s not to say she has been disengaged, but she hasn’t been openly sharing her thoughts over the past 6-8 months. I have also been somewhat guarded as we find our new normal. I believe that we both want to find a way to work together, but aren’t sure how to take the next step. Her actions tell me she cares, but her guarded response also shows some hesitation or “more to the story”.

As we got back to work, her comment got my mind running. I sent her a snap letting her know that her mentioning Ohio was hot. I agreed that this weekend wouldn’t work, but we have a few other weekends in the next couple of months that might work. She then mentioned finding out what events they have on the weekends we are free. I told her that she needs to be healthy so she can be free and wild. She agreed but then said that “I might not be able to handle her at her wildest lol”. I replied that I would love to see her at her wildest and that she may be pleasantly surprised at how I respond to her wild side. I then told her that as long as we are together, the wilder she is the better. I reminded her that it won’t be long and we will be empty nesters soon and she will be free to play whenever she wishes.

I have been very supportive of her wild bucket list items with the exception of a poly relationship where I am not the primary. Now I am wondering what she is afraid to tell me. I would love some feedback based upon what I have shared. I don’t know if she is just hanging on until our kids are out of the house, or if she is afraid to be her true kinky self. Thoughts?
Just my observation, nothing more. Her mentioning "Ohio" is telling in and of itself. She's thinking. The trouble is she's not very forthcoming in what those thoughts are. She wouldn't throw out "Ohio" is she didn't have some interest in doing "something". Do you think she's craving some "wildness"?

Her statement about you not being able to handle seeing her at her wildest is telling too. Do you think she feels bad/ashamed/awkward about how much she enjoyed her sex away from you and doesn't want you to know that side of her? How did she respond to you when you said, "As long as we are together, the wilder the better."? Did she say anything to affirm that you were her primary concern?

The guarded part is the scariest. What has she said or done to make you feel like she wants to find a way to make it "work"? It sounds like something is still not quite right. She may be torn about trusting herself to keep control of herself because of the way things went previously and the thrill she experienced during that time and misses it.

Have you told her what your ideal situation would be?

Just my observation, nothing more. Her mentioning "Ohio" is telling in and of itself. She's thinking. The trouble is she's not very forthcoming in what those thoughts are. She wouldn't throw out "Ohio" is she didn't have some interest in doing "something". Do you think she's craving some "wildness"?

Her statement about you not being able to handle seeing her at her wildest is telling too. Do you think she feels bad/ashamed/awkward about how much she enjoyed her sex away from you and doesn't want you to know that side of her? How did she respond to you when you said, "As long as we are together, the wilder the better."? Did she say anything to affirm that you were her primary concern?

The guarded part is the scariest. What has she said or done to make you feel like she wants to find a way to make it "work"? It sounds like something is still not quite right. She may be torn about trusting herself to keep control of herself because of the way things went previously and the thrill she experienced during that time and misses it.

Have you told her what your ideal situation would be?
I think you are spot on with your questions. I think she is trying to conform to the world around her and is a little embarrassed of her desires. Again, just my opinion. I wonder if she realized last fall how much she stands to lose in financial security and emotional security if things don’t work out for us. She didn’t end things with the other guy until I told my wife I was done and ready to divorce and move on with my life. When my wife first shared her feelings about the other guy, she wanted to have a relationship with both of us. I wasn’t ready for that and didn’t handle the situation well. How we both handle that time remains an obstacle to open communication. We are both finding our way.

How do I know she still wants to be with me? Simply put, her actions are consistent in that she is trying to be the right partner for me. She doesn’t do that unless she cares. I don’t think she understands that I still want her to be herself and that I will love her for who she is. I just want her to love me for who I am and be a priority for her.

At some point, we both need to just lay our cards on the table and decide who we want to be and then we know if we are still right for each other. Maybe this evolution today with kick off that conversation. I am generally open with my desires and she is usually more guarded. I would love for her to just share whatever crosses her kinky mind.

The only thing I have held close to my vest regarding every desire is a willingness to play with others too. It certainly isn’t a deal breaker to only play with my wife and she plays with others. That is what we agreed to. There have been occasions where she asks if I want to play too, but says that she would be jealous. I said that I would never want to play if it caused her grief. I love my wife and her playing is far more important that me playing. That being said, I also think it would be hot if we could swap partners at sone point. I haven’t been with another woman in 20 years. Nobody would dethrone my sexy wife, but us both play8ng together does turn me on.

If she's talking about "Ohio" what does she think you'll do there? Does she think you'll get to watch her have fun and that will be enough? She sounds like she doesn't want you to be with ANYONE else and you know that or else you wouldn't be reluctant to share ALL your desires with her.

I have never understood how a wife/girlfriend that has come to the understanding that she's had this amazing fulfilling experience and everything is still safe and secure and her not wanting to do the same for their spouse/boyfriend. It seems hypocritical to deny a spouse that same experience. You'd think there would be some attempt to provide some Quid Pro Quo. Everyone deserves a thrilling experience and if it's always one-sided I can't imagine that some degree of resentment forming. All that said, I totally get why you have held your cards close to your vest. You won't ever see any of your fun if she doesn't want to play in the first place.

Getting past her "guarded" behavior is the hurdle now. She's still hiding some feelings, whether it's to protect your feelings or her own. About your perception of your initial poor handling of the situation, you should cut yourself some slack. You really didn't have a lot of options and you were frustrated by a situation that had only two outcomes. At some point she had to understand that a "poly" lifestyle was not what you wanted, so it was on her to accept that or move on.

She has discovered that it can't just go her way. When she originally pitched the idea of a "poly" lifestyle, how did she describe it working? Did she try to make it sound like it was going to be good for everyone, especially you? She has to of had to do a lot of processing to bring up "Ohio" at this point. I'll bet you'd give up something important to know what she is thinking.

If she's talking about "Ohio" what does she think you'll do there? Does she think you'll get to watch her have fun and that will be enough? She sounds like she doesn't want you to be with ANYONE else and you know that or else you wouldn't be reluctant to share ALL your desires with her.

I have never understood how a wife/girlfriend that has come to the understanding that she's had this amazing fulfilling experience and everything is still safe and secure and her not wanting to do the same for their spouse/boyfriend. It seems hypocritical to deny a spouse that same experience. You'd think there would be some attempt to provide some Quid Pro Quo. Everyone deserves a thrilling experience and if it's always one-sided I can't imagine that some degree of resentment forming. All that said, I totally get why you have held your cards close to your vest. You won't ever see any of your fun if she doesn't want to play in the first place.

Getting past her "guarded" behavior is the hurdle now. She's still hiding some feelings, whether it's to protect your feelings or her own. About your perception of your initial poor handling of the situation, you should cut yourself some slack. You really didn't have a lot of options and you were frustrated by a situation that had only two outcomes. At some point she had to understand that a "poly" lifestyle was not what you wanted, so it was on her to accept that or move on.

She has discovered that it can't just go her way. When she originally pitched the idea of a "poly" lifestyle, how did she describe it working? Did she try to make it sound like it was going to be good for everyone, especially you? She has to of had to do a lot of processing to bring up "Ohio" at this point. I'll bet you'd give up something important to know what she is thinking.
I will reply later but have to run for now! You make some great points and I have some context to share as well.

We are happy for you that you start to talk about a comeback to life style with your wife.
But it seems that she tests you how you will react after a long abstinenz of lifestyle and sex with other.
Maybe it can be a nice step for the start again, it is only important to make it clear with her what und how do you want and the rules must be respected without deviation. We wish a lot of luck.