What % of Cuckold is Tolerating and Adapting

How much of being a cuckold is tolerance and acceptance of acts surrounding the act? Does the tolerance evolve over time?

I ask because we had an experience recently which made me a touch uncomfortable. At one point I stood up and halted the proceedings only having my wife in the heat of the moment tell me she was fine and if I could t handle it I needed to leave. It flipped the mood to more of a cuckold feel with some of the verbiage after. In hindsight I should have trusted her to communicate any issues and jumped the gun a little.

Reactions: robbiewillsucku
There are definitely aspects of this lifestyle that require developing tolerance, an evolved acceptance. Without knowing the details of your circumstances, I can relate some of my experience.

When we first started out, I objected to KK kissing other men during an encounter. In my mind, it was an act too intimate, one reserved for husband and wife. "No kissing" became a rule (my rule). It almost always got broken, leaving one or both of us with negative feelings. I'd failed to realize that kissing, for KK was an integral part of the sexual experience.

I learned to accept, and eventually even enjoy watching KK passionately kiss another man.

While I can't assign a percentage, it seems this sort of thing is normal.

There are definitely aspects of this lifestyle that require developing tolerance, an evolved acceptance. Without knowing the details of your circumstances, I can relate some of my experience.

When we first started out, I objected to KK kissing other men during an encounter. In my mind, it was an act too intimate, one reserved for husband and wife. "No kissing" became a rule (my rule). It almost always got broken, leaving one or both of us with negative feelings. I'd failed to realize that kissing, for KK was an integral part of the sexual experience.

I learned to accept, and eventually even enjoy watching KK passionately kiss another man.

While I can't assign a percentage, it seems this sort of thing is normal.
Thanks for the notes. We had some tension some days after what I would summarize as an overstimulated experience. Not meaning to be too coy but it suited her but gave me some anxiety. In hindsight it’s not as extreme as in the moment so an adjustment, although not what I’m inclined for is possible so we can find some middle ground.

I think it’s all about adapting. And that for couples who are successful at it there must be at least a willingness to adapt. Think that probably goes for both wife and husband.

Reactions: owlmale and Peter82
I agree it's about adapting, to a side of my wife I didn't know existed. I too interrupted once asking "are you OK honey?" She replied breathlessly "yes! I'm good!"
He was being very rough and pounding her like I never could or be able to ever and thought he was hurting her.
We talked the next day and she assured me she hadn't had sex that good since collage.
Obviously she didn't marry me for the sex...

Last edited:
Reactions: robbiewillsucku
I don't think "tolerate" is a good choice of word. I think "adapt" and "accept" are both more accurate. I tolerate mosquitoes when camping. They bring nothing positive to the event, but I accept and adapt to the lifestyle choices my hotwife makes because I see her happy and want to expand our experiences. There is something positively gained as I see her show off more skin, flaunt her confidence, kiss a guy like he's the Blarney Stone, and watch her accept his semen inside her. That I can adapt to getting sloppy seconds, eating her creampie, and accepting that she's in this for sex, not love.

Reactions: Northwestcuckold
How much of being a cuckold is tolerance and acceptance of acts surrounding the act? Does the tolerance evolve over time?

I ask because we had an experience recently which made me a touch uncomfortable. At one point I stood up and halted the proceedings only having my wife in the heat of the moment tell me she was fine and if I could t handle it I needed to leave. It flipped the mood to more of a cuckold feel with some of the verbiage after. In hindsight I should have trusted her to communicate any issues and jumped the gun a little.
There is an element of tolerance and adapting to the lifestyle and both of us have evolved over time, mind you, we couple swap/wife swap and she goes out on her own as well...

For me initially it was kissing, I did not want her to kiss others, but that was a dealbreaker for her, she said she could not get in the mood without kissing, now she is kissing her boy friends in front of me and I enjoy watching her do it.

Wife pretends to be single with her boyfriends and will accept gifts/roses/lingerie something I am still not comfortable with 100% but have learnt to adapt for the sake of world peace. For her she does not like me holding hands with another girl, once with another couple I was holding hands with the other girl and intervined, also if I am meeting a girl and no sex is planned, she is not comfortable but tolerates, like going for shopping or dinner...

Guess the triggers will be different for everyone