Swingers?

So funny enough, even though I thought I was the knowledgeable one when it came to swinging and hot wifing, my wife was the one that told me that a pineapple can be a symbol for swingers. So I researched it and found that was true, and that also things like wedding rings on wrong fingers, garden gnomes, and pink flamingoes in the yard can be also. So I decided to start looking out for these. I went on a bike ride and 3 houses down from there is a house with a big pineapple ornament next to the door, and several gnomes and pink flamingoes in the yard! Ya think??

All sorts of silly folklore about symbols for swingers. Might have been some truth to it in the pre internet days, but these days people can easily find each other online. Most of these symbols are just nonsens.
It's like the whole anklet thing. Guys thinking every woman wearing an anklet is a hot wife or something.

I have a pink flamingo in my yard and it means I like having it.

So funny enough, even though I thought I was the knowledgeable one when it came to swinging and hot wifing, my wife was the one that told me that a pineapple can be a symbol for swingers. So I researched it and found that was true, and that also things like wedding rings on wrong fingers, garden gnomes, and pink flamingoes in the yard can be also. So I decided to start looking out for these. I went on a bike ride and 3 houses down from there is a house with a big pineapple ornament next to the door, and several gnomes and pink flamingoes in the yard! Ya think??
Pineapple has to be upside down

There is some truth to the pineapple thing. I remember reading about a neighborhood out in the suburbs near our city that was known as a swingers haven. A regional swingers and alternative lifestlyle website had an entire thread about it on their community board, how a group of swinging couples bought homes in the same subdivision, and once word got out other swingers also started buying homes in the same subdivision! They use a pineapple decoration either on the front porch or in the landscaping of their front yard to signal to others in the lifestyle. My wife and I took a drive through the area once, and we were surprised how many homes in there had pineapple statues or signs on their property! It wasn't every home, but one out of every four or five homes seemed to have one, and in some cul-de-sacs, every home had one (like several lifestyle couples must have bought them at the same time!) I would imagine block parties there can be pretty wild!

Boy am I in trouble over the Pink Flamimgos thing.........love them and have them EVERYWHERE, including an expensicve custom made Flamingo mailbox that the wife bought from a smooth talking guy at a trade show, LOLLOL. Statues, photos, posters, knick knacks, plastic ones in the yard.....
We bought a house in SC a couple years ago, and we SWEAR the previous Owners were swingers. Really nice people, there are pineapple stickers all over the place tho, and other suggestive things too. Lot of gnomes they took with them too. Maybe true, who knows.

CW